WE ARE PLEASED TO WELCOME YOU TO OUR WEBSITE AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN OUR COMPANY.
The protection of any personal information collected, processed and used while you are visiting our homepage is a matter of great importance to us. Your details are protected in conformance with US law and applicable European Union privacy law. If there is any conflict between this privacy statement and relevant US and/or European Union privacy law, the US and/or European Union privacy law shall control and govern. In the following, you can read what information is collected during your visit to the homepage, and how it is used.
I. Name and Address of the Data Controller
In terms of data protection-related regulations, the data controller is:
1650 Research Drive, Suite 300
Troy, MI 48083
Tel.: +1 248-588-3134
Fax: +1 248-588-3259
II. General Data Processing Information
III. Provision of the Website and Creation of Log Files
Every time our website is accessed, our system automatically acquires data and information from the computer system of the calling computer.
The following data is collected:
(1) The user's IP address
(2) Date and time of access.
The data is also stored in the log files of our system. This data is not stored with other personal data of the user.
The following data is stored and transmitted in the cookies:
(1) The user's IP address
(2) Date and time of access
(3) Log-in information
(4) Amount of data transferred
(5) Enquiring domain
The following data can be transmitted in this way:
(1) Equipment type, model, brand, screen resolution
(2) Operating system, versions, families
(3) Browser, version, configuration, engines, plugins, language, language code
(4) Location data
(5) Provider details
(6) Pages per visit, number of visits, repeat visits, time of visit, date of visit
(7) Entry pages, exit pages, page URL, title of page, search items, downloads
(8) Search machines, search item, websites, social networks
(9) Campaigns, campaign key word
When accessing our website, the user is informed that cookies are used for analysis purposes, and requested to provide his or her consent to the processing of the personal data used in this respect. Information regarding this data privacy statement is also issued in this context.
V. Registration for Applicant Login
On our website, we offer you the opportunity to register on our applicant login; to do this, you are required to provide personal data. The following data is collected during the registration/application process:
(2) E-mail address
(3) job application information, including without limitation, your employment history, answers to job application questions and any other requested information;
(4) device identification information
(5) preferred language and country information
(6) correspondence or communication sent via the application
(7) information on your interactions with application features or other application users
(8) other reasonably relevant information pertaining to your use of the application including, without limitation, your internet protocol address, standard web log information and content provided to EDAG or its designated third parties when contacted for assistance.
VI. Contact Form and E-Mail Contact
There is a contact form on our website, and this can be used to contact us online. Should a user make use of this option, the data entered in the input mask are transmitted to us and stored. The following data is mandatory:
(3) Surname, first name
(4) E-mail address
(5) Your message to us
The following optional data may also be supplied:
(6) Telephone No.
(7) Street, number
(8) Postcode, city
The following data is also stored at the time the message is sent:
(10) The user's IP address
(11) Date and time of registration
Your consent to the processing of this data will be requested and reference made to this data privacy statement when you send your message.
Alternatively, an e-mail address is provided if you prefer to contact us this way. In this case, the personal data of the user transmitted with the e-mail is stored.
In this respect, there is no disclosure of data to third parties. Such data is used solely to process the communication.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service of Google Inc. ("Google"). This makes it possible for data, sessions and interaction across multiple devices to be assigned to a pseudonymised user-ID, permitting the cross-device analysis of the activities of a user.
Google Analytics makes use of "cookies", text files which are stored on your computer and enable the use of the website to be analysed. As a rule, the information relating to your use of this website generated by the cookie is transferred to a Google server in the USA, where it is saved. If IP address anonymisation has been activated on this website, Google will truncate your IP address within member states of the European Union or other states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is the IP address transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. On behalf of the owner of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your usage of the website, to compile reports on the website activities, and to perform further services relating to the use of the website and Internet for the website owner.
The purpose behind the use of the web analytics service is to analyse and make regular improvements to the use of our website. The statistics obtained enable us to improve our services and make them more interesting to you, our users. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google submits to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
These purposes are also in our legitimate interests in data processing under Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 point f of the GDPR.
Any data that is sent by Google and linked with cookies, user authentication (e.g. user ID) or advertising IDs is automatically deleted after 14 months. According to Google, data which has come to the end of its storage period is automatically deleted once a month. We draw your attention to the fact that we have no influence over how long data is stored by Google.
You can prevent cookies from being stored by adjusting your browser software accordingly; we would, however, like to draw your attention to the fact that if you do so, this might possibly result in your not being able to use all the functions offered on this website to the full. Further, you can prevent the acquisition of the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available on the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout;
Opt-out cookies prevent the future acquisition of your data when visiting this website. To prevent acquisition across multiple devices by Universal Analytics, you will have to activate the opt-out for all systems in use. Click here to set the opt-out cookie: ga-optout text=“Deactivate Google Analytics“
This website uses Google Analytics with the "_anonymizeIp()" function. This ensures that IP addresses are processed in truncated form, making it impossible to trace them to a specific user. Should the data about you that has been collected produce a direct personal link, this is immediately blocked, so the personal data is instantly deleted.
Information on the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. The conditions of use can be found on: www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html; a data privacy summary can be found on: www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and the data privacy statement on: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
To this purpose, we have also entered into a data processing contract with Google.
VIII. Integration of Google Maps
We use the Google Maps service on this website. This enables us to display interactive maps directly on the website, making it easy and convenient for you to use the map function.
Should you visit the website, Google receives the information that you have activated the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the following data is transmitted:
(1) IP address of the accessing computer
(2) Date and time of enquiry
This happens regardless of whether or not Google has provided a user account by means of which you have logged on. If you have logged on to Google, your data is assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish the data to be assigned to your profile with Google, you must log out before clicking on the link.
Further, depending on what settings the user has made, it is even possible for Google to collect location data. However, your consent to such data being used is always necessary, and you can refuse to let Google have this in your response to the query.
Further information concerning the purpose and scope of data acquisition and its processing by the plugin provider can be found in the provider's data privacy statements, where you will also find additional information on your rights in this respect and setting options to protect your private sphere.
Google also processes your personal data in the USA, and submits to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
IX. Rights of Data Subject
If personal data concerning you is processed, you are the data subject, and have the following rights against the data controller:
You can ask the controller to provide you with confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is processed by us.
If such processing is being undertaken, you can ask the controller to provide you with information concerning the following:
(1) The purposes for which the personal data is processed;
(2) The personal data categories which are processed;
(3) The recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data concerning you has been or will be disclosed;
(4) The planned storage duration of the personal data concerning you or, if it is not possible to provide concrete information on this point, criteria for defining the storage duration;
(5) The existence of a right to correct or delete the personal data concerning you, a right to limit processing by the controller, or a right to object to such processing;
(6) The existence of a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
(7) All available information concerning the origin of the data, if the personal data was not acquired from the data subject him or herself;
(8) The existence of automated decision-making and profiling.
You have the right to request information on whether or not the personal data concerning you is transmitted to a third country or international organisation.
Subject to the following conditions, you can request that processing of the personal data concerning you be restricted:
(1) If you dispute the accuracy of the personal data concerning you for a period which allows the controller to check the accuracy of the personal data;
(2) the processing is unlawful and you refuse deletion of the personal data, instead requesting that use of the personal data be restricted;
(3) the controller no longer needs the personal data for processing purposes, but you need it in order to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or
If the processing of the personal data concerning you has been restricted, then, storage aside, this data may only be processed with your consent, or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or to protect the rights of another natural or legal person, or for reasons of applicable substantial public interest.
If restriction of the processing has been restricted under the above-mentioned conditions, you will be informed by the controller before the restriction is lifted.
You can ask the controller to delete the personal data concerning you without undue delay, and the controller is obliged to delete this data without delay if one of the following reasons applies:
(1) The personal data concerning you is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed.
(2) You revoke your consent, which served as the basis for processing, and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
(3) You file an objection to processing, and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for the processing.
(4) The personal data concerning you has been unlawfully processed.
(5) Deletion of the personal data concerning you is necessary in order to ensure compliance with a legal obligation under a law to which the data controller is subject.
(6) The personal data concerning you has been acquired in relation to the offer of information society services.
The data subject does not have the right to have his or her data deleted if processing is necessary
(1) to exercise the rights to freedom of expression and freedom of information;
(2) to comply with a legal obligation calling for processing on the basis of a law to which the controller is subject, or to perform a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
(3) for reasons of public interest in the field of public health;
(4) for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes, insofar as the right set out in section a) is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the purposes of this processing, or
(5) to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you with which you have provided the controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Further, you have the right to transmit this data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to whom the personal data was provided
(1) the processing is based on consent or on a contract, and
(2) the processing is carried out by automated means.
In exercising this right, you also have the right to have the personal data concerning you transmitted directly from one controller to another, where technically feasible. This shall not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
The right to data portability does not apply to processing of personal data for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
You have the right, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions.
The controller will no longer process the personal data concerning you unless the controller can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or the processing serves to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
If personal data concerning you is processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing purposes; this also applies to profiling, insofar as it is related to such direct marketing.
Should you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data concerning you will no longer be processed for such purposes.
In the context of the use of information society services you are entitled to exercise your right to object by automated means using technical specifications.
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing - including profiling - which produces legal effects that concern you or significantly affects in a similar way. This does not apply if the decision
(1) is necessary for entering into or the performance of a contract between you and the data controller,
(2) is authorised by Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject and which also lays down suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests, or
(3) is made with your explicit consent.
With regard to the cases described in points (1) and (3), data controller will implement suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests, including at least the right to obtain human intervention on the part of the controller, to express his or her point of view and to contest the decision.